Delegation is the process of assigning responsibility and authority to someone in order to complete a task while the assignor retains ultimate responsibility for its success.
Why is Delegation Important?
Delegation is important because first and foremost it improves efficiency. It allows work to be transferred to people whose skills are a better match for the work.
FLOW-e further improves the efficiency of this process with its ability to automatically track the stages of the task.
The FLOW-e Email Delegation Process
This process has several advantages for the assignor
- The task status is visible to the assignor and the assignee at the same time, in real time
- There is no need to get updates from the assignee, because the assignor can track the stages of the task directly from the FLOW-e interface, which is updated automatically, in real time
- It gives the assignor the option to stay on top of the task without it being in his To-Do list
HINT: We suggest such tasks to be kept in a “Delegated Tasks” column
Email Delegation in FLOW-e – Single Recipient
This option is available in all email windows (New, Reply, Reply All, and Forward) via a dedicated SEND AND ASSIGN button:
The assignor will be prompted to track the task in a column in his workflow.
HINT: We suggest such tasks to be kept in a “Delegated Tasks” column.
The assignee will receive the email as usual in their FLOW-e account. If they move it from the feed to the workflow, the assignor will be able to see that the new email has entered the workflow. The assignor can infer that the task is now In Progress.
Once the task is moved by the assignee to his “Done” column, the assignor will see the “Done” status of the task:
At this time, the assignor can mark this task as done for himself, which will remove it from his workflow:
- Why You Should Be Using Your Email as a Task Manager
- Productivity Tips: Use Personal Kanban Boards to Visualize Your Inbox
- How to Adopt Email Management Best Practices at Work
- Managing Email Effectively: Email Management Best Practices and Tips
- Get Organized With These Calendar And Task Manager Apps